Re: Re: sys.execute error

  • Subject: Re: Re: sys.execute error
  • From: John B
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:01:00 +0000

> Thanks John,
> Get that syntax right and it works great. I seem to now have some
> problems with security or something as the command I want to execute:
> call sys.execute("hsc.exe"," -x H4 on",False)
> gets executed ok, but doesn't work and if I do juts launch notepad,
> it starts a process ok but doesn't populate the screen. Is there a
> parameter I can pass to make it interact with the desktop, like
> there is with "at /INTERACTIVE" at the command prompt?

As xPLHal is running as a service, anything it executes is in a different
desktop to the interactive one, so for example, you won't see notepad when
it's
launched.

You could try going into Control Panel -> Administrative TOols ->
Services.
Scroll down to the xPLHal service, right-click and click Stop.
When it stops, double-click to open it's properties.
Click the Logon tab, and tick the "Allow service to interact with
desktop"
checkbox.
Click OK.
Right-click on the service and click Start.

Haven't tried it myself, but worth a shot.

I guess it comes down to how the Homeseer executable communicates with the
main
Homeseer instance.

Regards,

John