Re: sys.execute error

  • Subject: Re: sys.execute error
  • From: JohnQuirk
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:11:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=kRAaKkqWaTk-E4MmhcwR1jp4u7uChJzfQ8KiQlrpd1BX2G07R1uhdNeSjZaEaHNymBiykSavmgEwurDtfPa2XWw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> > I've implemented the slimp3 demo (using notepad.exe rather than
> > shutdown) but I keep getting this:
> >
> > Wed 07/01/04 00:03:06 : Error Executing
> > Script 'SLIMDEV_SLIMSERV_BEDROOM_Trigger' (Invalid procedure call
or
> > argument: 'sys.execute')
> >

> > Any ideas? It looks like it's close, and does exactly what I want
(I
> > will use it to drive homeseer to turn off lights etc.) but I
can't
> > quite get it running.
>
> Could you paste a copy of the slimdev_slimserv_bedroom_trigger sub-
routine here so we can take a look.

> Thanks,
>
> John

This is taken from XLProject.org.uk and is the script I'm using:

sub slimdev_slimserv_bedroom_trigger(XplMsg)
' We're only interested in button presses
If not lcase(xpl.GetParam(XplMsg,"{schema}",True)) =
"remote.basic"
Then
Exit Sub
End If

' We're only interested if the player is powered off
If not lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"power",true)) = "off"
Then
Exit Sub
End If

if lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) =
"numberscroll_1" Then
sys.value("SlimShutdown") = "1"
ElseIf lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) =
"numberscroll_2"
and sys.value("SlimShutdown") = "1" Then
sys.value("SlimShutdown") = "2"
ElseIf lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) =
"numberscroll_3"
and sys.value("SlimShutdown") = "2" Then
sys.value("SlimShutdown") = "3"
call sys.execute("notepad.exe")
End If
End Sub