Re: Events

  • Subject: Re: Events
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:10:00 +0000

> TVOSDTEST is an event ?? below is the script ...
>
> ' routine to log events?
> Sub SendTestOSDMsg()
> call
xpl.SendMsg("","aec-tvosd.testosd4","osd.basic","command=clear"
&
> vbLf & "text=Hello world")
> End Sub

Sub looks fine.

Are you sure you haven't got a sub-routine called TVOSDTEST?
(if you look in Tools -> Run sub-routine, you'll see a list of all
sub-routines
you currently have defined)

I'm sure that error "Error executing script <script_name>"
relates to the name
of a sub-routine - not the name of an event.
Tony - can you confirm this?

> Whats the difference between a Sub routine and a script ??? I thought
they
> were the same ?

Technically, a script is just a text file containing one or more
sub-routines,
however the two terms do seem to have been used interchangeably throughout
xPLHal - I think this is mostly for historical reasons.

Regards,

John