Re: Events

  • Subject: Re: Events
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 10:44:00 +0000

Hi Frank,

> The test subroutine John suggested now runs correclty (my fault) but
> the scheduled event doesnt appear to be happening...?

Firstly, you can check that the subroutine is in fact working by selecting
Tools
-> Run sub-routine from the Manager.
You can pick the routine from the list, then click Run.
If you see the osd message go out, then you know the sub-routine is
working.

Next, click on Events.
You should see your event in the list.
Double-click on it to see it's properties, and make sure everything is OK:
Start time: 00:01, end time 23:59.
Check that all the days of the week are ticked, check the sub-routine name
and
make sure the interval is specified (e.g. 5 minutes etc.)

Finally, right-click on the node at the top of the tree in the Manager
(either
the name of your computer, or it may just be "localhost") and
select View Error
Log.
You can see in there if anything has been going wrong.

> Also had a play with the Sub routine Builder (really neat) i thought
you
> needed to be able to code in VB.....
> Built an OSD message unfortunelty it doesnt ask for ...things like
command,
> row, column, delay,alert ....would be good if it did although i modded
the
> code as per Johns sample....

We're working on an alternative to the sub-routine builder that will be a
much
more powerful solution, again with the intention of avoiding the need for
users
to write any VB/VBScript at all.

> This xplhal/manager looks like a neat ha solution...............

Yep, it's coming along quite nicely, and we have plans to add quite a few
usability enhancements in the not-too-distant future.

Regards,

John