RE: Install Help

  • Subject: RE: Install Help
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:07:00 +0000

Guys, what's the easiest way to strip it all back to zero?

Rather than going through forty dozen steps of troubleshooting a borked
install, and giving off the impression to other users that using xplhal
is this difficult and onerous task, let's get back to the position where
Frank can just follow the default installation instructions.

Repeated "it still isn't working" messages are not going to help
anyone.

If this installation has ran whilst the service was running, then we are
pretty much guessing what state the thing is on now... is the service
installed or not, is the service working properly, are the executeables
in place or not...

Frank mentioned earlier on that he "deleted all of the xplhall
stuff"
are we possibly seeing the windows XP reaction to trying to start a
service when the executeable file is missing?

The instructions are there for a reason. I'll have a look at making the
wording in the downloads section at xplproject.org.uk a little stronger.
(the xplhal.com text is already pretty clear in this respect)

Ian.