Re: xPL-Pic-tvosd Update

  • Subject: Re: xPL-Pic-tvosd Update
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 07:42:00 +0000

Hi Frank,

> I thought a config.list was only applicable to unconfigured devices ??
Does
> that mean then that some of the "options" in config.current
are NOT
> configurable ????.......

You can send a request for a config.list to a device at any time - whetehr
it's
configured or waiting to be configured.

All the config.list message contains is a list of remotely configurable
items
that your device supports.

Usually, a config.list is sent by the manager so it can figure out what
items
can be configured, but it is perfectly allowable for a request for a
config.list
to arrive at any time.

I don't think this should be too much of a problem from a coding
perspective, as
all you do is look out for a request for a config.list and reply with the
same
cnfig.list message, regardless of whether you've been configured or not.

Regards,

John