RE: Xvid on Xbox

  • Subject: RE: Xvid on Xbox
  • From: Mark McCall
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:00:00 +0000

> I'm looking to play some files that have been xvid encoded on my xbox.
> Question for the xbox guys which versions of XBMP or XBMC supports
xvid.

Can't remember when they didn't...so any of the recent versions will. XBMC
is still buggy (but worth a look).

> Also how do I go about upgrading from XBMP 2.3 to 2.4 if that's what I
> need.

I'm sure I played XviDs on 2.3. When I upgrade I rename the directory .old
as a backup then FTP up the new version and copy the config file from the
old version to the new one. You may need to copy over UMDB thumbnail
folders and Playlists etc too.

M.