RE: Re: New Rio Client - Stage 1 Complete

  • Subject: RE: Re: New Rio Client - Stage 1 Complete
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:16:00 +0000

> Anyone know the maximum text field size for SQL Server & mySql
please?

I think SQL Server is 8000 characters, not sure about mySQL.

> I assume they don't support the memo field type?

Yes, SQL server supports the "text" field type, and I'm sure that
mySQL also
supports something similar.

I can't see any issues with storing the path names - any database should
offer a
field type that is appropriate.

Regards,

John