RE: New Rio Client - Stage 1 Complete

  • Subject: RE: New Rio Client - Stage 1 Complete
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:04:00 +0000

Hi all,

Stage 1 of the new Rio server/client is complete :-)

Have got a vb .net app that has
DHCP
SSDP
Portmap
Mount
NFS Server

And it successfully boots a Rio!
And it can easily be converted into a windows service too...

Got a little bit of code tidying to do, but it works a treat

Stage 2 is the music scanner to build a database of
genre/artist/album/track
from mp3 tags

Initially I'm concentrating on mp3 but will ensure the client retains
flac/ogg support (and wav for tts, might include wav music files too)

I want to keep the application completely self-contained, so will initially
use an ms access database (but will make the connection via ole db to have
the option of mysql etc). If anyone knows of a better way of storing the
data in .net then please advise.

Regards
Tony