Latest message you have seen: xplmedianet development

Re: How Should MVP OSD Work

  • Subject: Re: How Should MVP OSD Work
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:25:33 -0000

I'm drooling at the prospect of version b - it would allow us to
finally run an HA setup via the TV with only an MVP instead of
messing around with mini-itx, media centres, and the like :-)

For each on-screen button control, it would be useful if we could
define which one the focus moves to when up/down/left/right is
pressed on the remote - any attempt to do this automatically is
unlikely to always work as expected.

I would also like to be able to specify an alternate image for when
the button is highlighted, rather than having a box around it (as
used with the movie menu at the moment).

You've done a fantastic job with this - I can't wait to try out all
the new stuff from the recent releases.  BTW, I hope you have a plan
for what to do after release z!

Mal

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> looking for some input on how OSD should be implemented on the MVP
>
> My thoughts are to implement 2 versions of OSD
>
> a) simple pop-up overlay which works with osd.basic
>
>     This is straight forward
>
> b) a file driven menu system
>
>     The idea here is to have an extra button on the main mvp menu
called
> 'menu'
>     This will use a text or xml file that describes
>         a) background layout
>         b) layout of text
>         c) any images
>         d) layout of menu text items
>         e) layout of menu image items
>
>     d & e are different to b & c in that they can be selected
perform an