RE: Re: xPLRioNet v3.8r released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet v3.8r released
  • From: "Neil Frost" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:30:36 -0000

Thanks Tony,

That's clearer now.

Cheers
Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Tofts [mailto:tony@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 December 2004 16:37
To: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_xpl] Re: xPLRioNet v3.8r released

> Could you clarify for me the "device level" for the
exstreamer
> relating to the new features?

Basically xplrionet began life as a replacement for the rio/ddar.

So the rio has a display and remote control, and we have the web
interface.
We also added the ability to display the built-in display on an OSD
display (the menu's only).

As each new device has been added then these have had the same functions
added.

In the case of the exstreamer, which has no display of course, we still
supported the OSD - so it internally emulates a display for this
purpose.

So the new features (other than the odd web features) are only usable
from the exstreamer if you have a remote and xpl osd.

The music side of all supported devices (rio, slimp3, exstreamer and
mvp) are identical as far as possible.

Hope that helps, will try to add the browse feature to the web interface

Regards
Tony