Latest message you have seen: Weather

RE: xPL_Monitor setup

  • Subject: RE: xPL_Monitor setup
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:00:53 -0000

Hi Bob,

> I have been using the xPL_Monitor from Tony's xPLHal site and
> was wondering if there is any documentation or, pending that,
> if someone can give me some help setting up the filters.  I
> want to be able to monitor and log the xPL messages to and
> from my devices but would like to filter out all of the hbeat
> messages since they fill up the log quickly.
>
> Can anyone tell me how the filter works and what I would need
> to enter to do the above?

The vb6 monitor program is very simple, it's really just for debugging.

You can filter stuff in, but not out.

A filter is command.vendor.device.instance.schema.instance

With * used as a wild card for any element

E.g. to see only xpl tts command messages you can use

xpl-cmnd.*.*.*.tts.*

You can't say I want to see everything but heartbeats.

Regards
Tony