Latest message you have seen: RE: Help with OSD

Re: xPLRioNet: playback drops out after 30 sec.

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet: playback drops out after 30 sec.
  • From: "timmysaw2" <timmysaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:23:37 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> You could try connecting the wet11 directly to the ddar and
transcode? Try
> wet11 first, then transcoding.

Roger that. I will try again (On first blush it didn't work, but
then we realized there was 2.4Ghz noise in the area--I hate
Christmas season for all the new phones/microwaves/ap's that pop up
this time of year...but that's a different story)

> > PS. What is the protocol for turning off the DHCP server in
> > xPLRioNet or at least manually assigning the IP (I figure it
> > is in the DHCP.XML down in the bottom--but what is the format
> > of the entries?
>
> To turn off dhcp set <dhcp enabled="N" /> in
xplrionet.xml

So the 1st edit is to the XPLRIONET.XML thus disabling DHCP serving.

> To manually add an entry, edit dhcp.xml and add a line like
> <rio mac="0:90:0:11:49:AF" ip="192.168.1.180"
/>
> To the <dhcplist> section
Does this 2nd edit above apply only if <dhcp enabled="Y" />
in
xplrionet.xml? Does this mean I would skip that first edit?

> You also need to set the dhcp address etc
Not sure what you're meaning here. What are you referring to? Are
you saying I'll need to assign IP addresses as in the "2nd edit"
above?

> Also, any entries in dhcp.xml are obviously ignored if dhcp
enabled="N"
This also leaves me confused about the reason for making those "2nd
edits" if the file will be ignored.

Tony, Thanks so much for your help! Thanks also for the feedback on
the feature requests.

Best regards,
Tim