Latest message you have seen: Weather

Re: xPLHal sub-routine builder

Hi Frank,

> > I think the general view is that scripting is ideal for the more
> tasks that Determinators can't currently perform, but for the majority
of
> tasks (particularly for new users), Determinators should be the
preferred
> way of achieving things.
> >

> I personally think this is the way to go especially if we can keep
improving
> the ease of making Determinators.....

Yes - that's the plan.
The next version of the Manager (that we're still working on) lets you
right-click on a message in the Monitor and have a determinator already
created with the chosen message as it's input condition.

> What where the current updates to xplhal manager ...?? i noticed that
xpl
> monitor now doesnt drop off anymore.......any other refinements ???

I've pasted the release notes below.

Regards,

John

xPLHal Manager - Version 1.44
========================

Release Date: Friday, 17th December 2004

New Features:
- The new "xPL Network Settings" utility (xplsettings.exe) is now
included as part of the main distribution, and is available via an item on
the Tools menu.
This utility lets you specify things like the broadcast address, the IP
addresses to which xPL applications should bind,
and the IP addresses that xPL applications should listen to traffic from.
These settings will apply to any application built using the upcoming
version 3.0 release of the xPL .NET library.

- You can now select which portion of the xPLHal Manager tree will be
selected at startup. Just right-click on the node that
you want to appear at startup and select "Set as default".
- Globals list now refreshes automatically every 30 seconds.

Fixes:
- xPL devices now sorted properly (previously only vendor portion of source
was sorted)
- xPL monitor now sends heartbeats at regular intervals (5 mins)
- Edit button now present when editing xPL message parameters in a
Determinator condition