Latest message you have seen: RE: xplmedianet development

RE: Re: xPLRioNet Priorities

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet Priorities
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 06:39:00 -0000

Hi Tim,

> - High bit rate support
> - There seems to be a slight elevated level of noise in play
> back that I've never noticed on any other clients.
> - Display of track time remaining, playlist time remaining, etc.
> - Display of track # of ## (playlist total count)

Items like these will have to wait until the rewrite of the native rio
client.

> - Alarm clock /scheduled wake time preset playlist/stream selection
> - Snooze timer: ie. play for next xx min then power off

These can be done now via xPL and so wouldn't be part of xplrionet
(personally I've avoided using the rio as an alarm clock, as it can't self
boot in the event of a power failure!)

> - I haven't been success fully linking two players on and
> synching them.

Again, this isn't perfect and will be revisited in the rewrite

> - Do all the web controls work? I've had very limited success
> with any of those controls. Perhaps I'm missing something.

They do all work. Sounds like either the xpl hub isn't running or a
firewall
issue maybe.

The web interface is almost a separate unit to xplrionet, in that it sends
xpl messages that the rest of xplrionet then picks up and acts on.

Regards
Tony