Latest message you have seen: Re: xPLRioNet v3.8t published

RE: XPLRIONet - Beginner trying to get it working for the second time.

  • Subject: RE: XPLRIONet - Beginner trying to get it working for the second time.
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:13:34 -0000

Hi Steve,

> I want to use XPLRIONet only with MVPs.
> I used IPCONFIG to find out my server IP address and default
> gateway - I am not sure how to set-up the other aspects of dhcp.xml.

Server should be set to the ip address of the pc running xplrionet

Netmask should be the same as the netmask shown in ipconfig

Router and dns should probably be set to the same as default gateway

Dhcp start end are just an ip address range e.g. x.x.x.180 to x.x.x.190

Nothing else should be edited in this file

You also need to enable dhcp by setting dhcp enabled=y in xplrionet.xml

Also need to remember to set the server ip in xplrionet.xml to the one from
ip config

> I cannot log on to the web browser - it says connection
> refused. The XPLRIONet service is not started and attempting
> to start it causes it to start and then stop.

Ensure that you don't have a firewall running on the pc, to see if this
makes a difference. If it's the windows xp sp2 firewall you could make
xplrionet.exe an exception.

In the xplrionet.xml set logging enabled=y and try starting the service. If
you e-mail me the log file it produces I'll look at what's happening.

Regards
Tony