RE: suggested app - xPL Dialer

> > i'd like to be able to dial the phone via modem by sending it
> > an xPL command and the number to dial.  since i can control
> > xPL via ASP and I have my outlook contacts exported to a web
> > page, i'd like to click on a name, have the modem dial the
> > number.  it should then hang up say 10 seconds after the line
> > has been picked up - that gives enough time for the caller to
> > pick up the handset after the call has been answered.
> > maybe this can be an extension of xPLPhone?
> >
> > any thoughts?
>
> You should be able to do this with xpl phone already.
>
> Just need to write the approriate xplhal script.

The trouble here is how to fire off that script from a web page...

I really need to get some work done on creating that xplhal.basic schema so
that scripts and determinators (and other things) within xPLHal can be
fired off by xPL messages - presently the only way to remotely execute
things like scripts and determinators is via XHCP.

> Xpl_phone sends out various status messages, though off the top of my
head I
> can't remember if it is able to detect when the call is actually
answered -
> which would be a  problem.

I think it depends on the capabilities of your modem.

Mine certainly seemed to be able to tell when the call was answered.
I used to use it as a dialer for my alarm system before I got Comfort, and
it only used to start playing my TTS announcement when I'd answered the
phone.

Regards,

John