RE: sending xPL commands from an ASP page

  • Subject: RE: sending xPL commands from an ASP page
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:02:14 -0000

> is there any way to send xPL commands from an ASP page (ie
> jscript or vbscript)?  is there any example code that does
> this?  do i need to create an activexobject using xpl.ocx?

Indeed there is :-)

You don't need to use xpl.ocx, just John B's squtil.dll and write an ocx in
vb6 (or whatever) for use by your ASP server.

You can then make your own commands like:

<%
Set ObjTivo = Server.CreateObject("xPLWeb.xPLClass")
objTivo.sendremote Request.QueryString("zone"),
Request.QueryString("device"),
Request.QueryString("keys")
Set objTivo = Nothing
%>
(this example sends remote control ir codes to a tivo from a web page)

Squtil allows you to send xPL messages via your ocx, so there are a million
and one ways to implement what you require.

Don't think there are any published examples, but I can make the source
code
to the ocx I use to control various aspects of my xPL HA system available
if
required.

Regards
Tony