Re: xPLRioNet Beta v3.8j Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Beta v3.8j Released
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:05:41 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>

wrote:
> > > Hi Mike,
> >
> > > Talking of the 'to do' list, if users would like to post
their
top 5
> > > priorities of things they'd like to see done, I'll try and
> > prioritise
> > > development around the most popular.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Tony
> >
> > 1) Scanner to use folder names instead of tags (I can't use
xplRioNet
> > without this!)
>
> Yep - my no. 1 as well - and I know of at least a couple of others
> who would like to use xPLRioNet, but can't, because they need to
> navigate by folder structure.

maybe this will help.  i wrote a perl script that will tag mp3 files
with the correct artist, album, track, track number based on the
values it extracts from your directory structure.

it assumes the directory structure is like this:
<some_mp3_directory>/<artist_name>/<album_name>/<t
rack_num>-<track_name>.mp3

anyways, you'll need perl and the included mp3info.exe binary to write
the tags.  duplicate part of your mp3 directory structure (a few
albums) and test the script out on it first to see if it works for
you.