RE: Mss100 Issue

  • Subject: RE: Mss100 Issue
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:12:47 -0000

Hi Frank,

>         Has any decision been made regarding the opening /
> closing of the port which is cauing  the mss unit to hang
> when a reconfig is done ...??? I just tried to alter the
> alert thresholds in the xpltom10 app and it hung on me.......

I'll throw this open to the list for comment.

The issue with locks is caused by fact that there needs to be a delay with
the mss100 between closing and re-opening the port.

There are 2 ways around this:

A) always delay for 7 seconds (this means all app's will delay regardless
of
whether theyre a mss100)

B) flag in some way that it's an mss100 and only delay for this

Frank is testing a version of tvosd which uses (B) as i think (A) is
unacceptable.

The way it knows it's dealing with an MSS100 is that you have to specify
the
comport as negative (e.g. -4)

What are peoples thoughts on this solution please?

Many thanks
Tony