Re: xPLHal hung on startup

  • Subject: Re: xPLHal hung on startup
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:38:02 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi Bob,

> > The next thing I need to figure out is this message that the
xPLHal
> > service hung at startup.
>
> I'm still not sure what could be causing that.
> xPLHal seems to be working OK, and is starting up in under 10
seconds, so I'm not entirely sure why you're seeing this error.
> I'll investigate further and hopefully get back to you when I have
some news.

> Regards,
>
> John

You know, I've seen something like this too.  Not the slowdown, but
the failure to start message.  On a few occasions xPLHal has reported
a failure to start, but seems to be running anyway.

I know that's not much help in tracking the problem, but it's
obviously not an isolated occurance.

Mal