Re: Re: Trouble getting flags set in HV - I found it!!

Hi George

>Well I got it to work. After I figured out that I could not use
>the "current" paramater (since it would hardly ever
match" and only
>use the device and type ones.

Your an xPL Expert Now !! ;-)....

>I know have one determinator that gets all the temps (5 of them)
>from HV. Part of the action is to run other determinators to put
>those values into a global. Then I have a re accuring event to run
>the first detminator every 15 minutes

So i take it that you have 5 actions programmed  in the determinator...You
could also actually trigger this determinator from hv periodic event which
updates the variables by removing it from the exclude file and
"Watching"
for the periodic event (in the input condition) ... being reported by
xpl-hvision...Then both xPL and Homevision can update the globals........

>So another success with your help. I'll have to think up something
>else to do with it now.

>I am excited about how this is working out.

Yes its nice when it all starts to come together... Just hope Bob sticks at
it......

Frank

Well I got it to work. After I figured out that I could not use
the "current" paramater (since it would hardly ever match"
and only
use the device and type ones.

I know have one determinator that gets all the temps (5 of them)
from HV. Part of the action is to run other determinators to put
those values into a global. Then I have a re accuring event to run
the first detminator every 15 minutes.

So another success with your help. I'll have to think up something
else to do with it now.

I am excited about how this is working out.

Thanks again
George

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Wow didn't know where you were. It is 4:58 PM here.
>
> Im actually from N.I. but have lived in Oz since 1977
>
> >When I execute this I see the info in the HV window.
>
> >So now how to get it to the global?
>
> Ok thats good......
>
> Now you must create a Determinator which input actions
"Watch"for
the
> reported message that you get from Homevision  as you mentioned
above......
> In the actions part of this Determinator  as below (this is a copy
from my
> earlier posts...
>
> In the actions part of the determinator you need to select action
type = set
> the value of a global
>
> in the global name insert the global you wish to store ....ie
hv_bedroom1

> in the value part  you need to insert   {XPL::CURRENT}
>
> This will store the hv variable into an xpl global
>
> HTH
> Frank

what you
need
> to do
> > first is create a Determinator which "Request" the temp
ie put
the
> message
> > in the actions of the Determinator....
> >
> > Then create another Determinator which "Watches" for
the reply
from
> > Homevision and "Äction"
> > store the temp value in a global
> >
> > 1: Determinator to request temp action only
> >
> > Target must be  gshed-hvision.yourname
> > schema= control.basic
> > message paramters below ...get this working first see if hv
> responds and
> > then we will work on saving the temp in a global
> >
> > device=5
> > type=variable
> > current=request
> >
> > HTH
> > Frank
> > BTW.........What time is it in Colorado ...???Here in Melbourne
Oz
> its 10:40
> > am (sat)

than
> > > continue to learn how this all operates. I have working what
> > > reallyh wanted too) is to get the temperatures stored in HV
in
> > > variable. I have periotice events in HV that collets
temperatures
> > > and puts them into variable. For instance variable 5 has the
> > > exterior temperature -- lets say 51 (nice day here in
Colorado)

> > > So I was going to collect that temp from variable 5 in HV
and
> put it
> > > into global HV-EXT_TEMP. Figured it would be simple - but
hasnt
> > > been. My thougt process was to ceate a determinator and the
> > > condition would be to get the temp from HV and the action
would
> be
> > > to put tht temp into the global. Once i had that working I
could
> > > create a repeating event to update it.
> > >
> > > Obviously my logic is off somewhere -- just dont know where.
> > >
> > > I must say, I am excited about how everything else is
working.
> Hope
> > > Bob gets his going.
> > >
> > > George

> > > --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden"
> <fmcalind@b...>
> temp
> > > sensor
> of
> > > the
> > > previous

> will
> > > cause
> in
> > > its value
updates
> into
> > > xpl you
Determinator

<fmcalind@b...>
in HV -
> > > found it!!

> from

they were
> looking
> > > at the
built

global
> temps. I
file. In the
> > > determinator

Alinden"
> > > <fmcalind@b...>

service with a
> slighly
looking for the
first
> > > name.
the new name, it
> worked
> > > as it

,You should be
> able to
to change all
> your
> > > input
for a w800

<gmotichka@h...>

template determinator
that
> was
> > > built

service with a
> slighly
looking for the
first
> > > name.
the new name, it
> worked
> > > as it

working. I am
thinkging
> > > that is
HV. Is that
correct?

"Frank Mc Alinden"
you have it working

<gmotichka@h...>
2004 7:43 AM
Trouble getting flags set
in
> HV -

w800 service after mal
> > > incorporated
instances of a sourec in
the
> > > dropdown
not the correct one.
Once
> > > picked
expected.

the non active instance in
> the
> > > drop

"gmotichka"
> > > <gmotichka@h...>

it is enabled.

combinatins of case - all
> > > caps,  first

guys scratching your heads on
> this.
> > > Do you
to do with the delay mal
put
> > > into the

ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B"
<home-

relaying what was on the
condition
> > > screen,
yes it was a misprint. Here is
> exactly
> > > what
from the boxes:

may have mentioned this before,
> but
> > > have
determinator is enabled" check
> box is

"Execute Now" menu item will always work,
> even
> > > if a
enabled, however it will
only