Re: Updated my webpage

  • Subject: Re: Updated my webpage
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:37:48 -0000

Thanks!  Well, I've had the TimeCommander for about 7 or 8 years now.
It does a good job for what I use it for, but it has some
idiosyncracies.  Part of which is related to the fact JDS doesn't
update the firmware for it anymore, instead concentrating on the
Stargate instead.

StarCOM is software I use to interface to the TimeCommander, instead
of the really bad original software (which I just use for uploading my
program).  It exposes virtually all aspects of the TimeCommander
through DCOM, allowing me to control & read status from the TC to
wscript or ASP pages.  I've been pushing the developer to add xPL
support, but he's got a lot of other things on his plate.

StarCOM can interface to PC COM ports and I've been using that to
directly connect to the WGL 800.  That's because all the X10 and
motion sensing status is done through StarCOM & the TimeCommander.  I
had to code up all the WGL decodes for the X10 devices I used.

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi
> Nice setup you have there
>
> How do you find using  Time Commander ???....Now you can use the
w800 xpl
> plugin  for your receiver.....Whats starcom ????..........
>
> Frank

thing to it ;)