Re: Re: Trouble getting flags set in HV - I found it!!

Wow didn't know where you were. It is 4:58 PM here.

Im actually from N.I. but have lived in Oz since 1977

>When I execute this I see the info in the HV window.

>So now how to get it to the global?

Ok thats good......

Now you must create a Determinator which input actions "Watch"for
the
reported message that you get from Homevision  as you mentioned above......
In the actions part of this Determinator  as below (this is a copy from my
earlier posts...

In the actions part of the determinator you need to select action type =
set
the value of a global

in the global name insert the global you wish to store ....ie hv_bedroom1

in the value part  you need to insert   {XPL::CURRENT}

This will store the hv variable into an xpl global

HTH
Frank

Wow didn't know where you were. It is 4:58 PM here.

So I changed the determinator to have no condition and only an
actions.

When I execute this I see the info in the HV window.

So now how to get it to the global?

George

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi George
>             > I feel bad about all the time you are spending with
me.
> Please, when
>             > you have had enough, just tell me.
>
> No Problem at all......
>
> > My thougt process was to ceate a determinator and the
> > condition would be to get the temp from HV
>
> The input condition is "Watching" for a temp message what
you need
to do
> first is create a Determinator which "Request" the temp ie
put the
message
> in the actions of the Determinator....
>
> Then create another Determinator which "Watches" for the
reply from
> Homevision and "Äction"
> store the temp value in a global
>
> 1: Determinator to request temp action only
>
> Target must be  gshed-hvision.yourname
> schema= control.basic
> message paramters below ...get this working first see if hv
responds and
> then we will work on saving the temp in a global
>
> device=5
> type=variable
> current=request
>
> HTH
> Frank
> BTW.........What time is it in Colorado ...???Here in Melbourne Oz
its 10:40
> am (sat)

Hope
> > Bob gets his going.
> >
> > George

> > --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden"
<fmcalind@b...>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi George
> > >                 If you are trying to request the status of a
temp
> > sensor
> > > from Homevision you need to
> > > put the message(that you have posted)  in the actions
section
of
> > the
> > > Determinator with the target and schema as mentioned  in my
> > previous
> > > post......
> > >
> > > In my previous post regarding the hvinputExclude file ,this
will
> > cause
> > > xplhvision to report temp messages whenever there is a
change
in
> > its value
> > > ..ie temp change....If you nee to regulary get temp updates
into
> > xpl you
> > > need to create a repeating event in xpl to run the
Determinator
> > that your
> > > presently trying to create......Hope this makes some sense
> > >
> > > Frank

status
from

were