Re: Trouble getting flags set in HV - I found it!!

  • Subject: Re: Trouble getting flags set in HV - I found it!!
  • From: "gmotichka" <gmotichka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:24:14 -0000

Hi Frank

I feel bad about all the time you are spending with me. Please, when
you have had enough, just tell me.

What my goal, (and it is not really that important other than to
continue to learn how this all operates. I have working what I
reallyh wanted too) is to get the temperatures stored in HV in
variable. I have periotice events in HV that collets temperatures
and puts them into variable. For instance variable 5 has the
exterior temperature -- lets say 51 (nice day here in Colorado)

So I was going to collect that temp from variable 5 in HV and put it
into global HV-EXT_TEMP. Figured it would be simple - but hasnt
been. My thougt process was to ceate a determinator and the
condition would be to get the temp from HV and the action would be
to put tht temp into the global. Once i had that working I could
create a repeating event to update it.

Obviously my logic is off somewhere -- just dont know where.

I must say, I am excited about how everything else is working. Hope
Bob gets his going.

George

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi George
>                 If you are trying to request the status of a temp
sensor
> from Homevision you need to
> put the message(that you have posted)  in the actions section of
the
> Determinator with the target and schema as mentioned  in my
previous
> post......
>
> In my previous post regarding the hvinputExclude file ,this  will
cause
> xplhvision to report temp messages whenever there is a change in
its value
> ..ie temp change....If you nee to regulary get temp updates into
xpl you
> need to create a repeating event in xpl to run the Determinator
that your
> presently trying to create......Hope this makes some sense
>
> Frank

looking
at the
> > > correct name. Luckly I didnt have too many built
> > >
> > > So Im trying to follow your directions on the global temps.
> > > already had the variable excluded from the file. In the
determinator
> > > condition I am using
> > > device=5
> > > type=variable