RE: xPLRioNet Beta v3.8j Released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet Beta v3.8j Released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 06:54:48 -0000

Hi Mike,

> Works like a champ. I can now set a stream to playing and it
> continues.
> Haven't had a marthon all-dayer yet but I have played long
> enough to feel that you have whipped this bug.

I had one running for 8 hours before stopping it myself.

> It appears that your workaround has tamed this beast too. It
> is handling my 320Kbs files very nicely. I'm bumping the 128
> to 192 though.

Yep, 192 should be ok. Just that I have an album I like that needs 128.

> Like, maybe a pause? When
> listening to Podcasts it would be nice if the phone rings to
> be able to pause it then come back and pick right up where
> you paused from. Or maybe a fast forward or rewind inside a
> single file (for long files).

Pause / ffwd / rewind will all be added at some point.

Development of version 3.8k has started and will mainly concentrate on
fixing 'bugs' (john has reported an issue on mvp stopping during a long
playlist, for instance). Though v3.8k will also include the ability to use
the slimp3 (and possibly the rio, though not sure what use it will be with
it's tiny display) as an OSD device. Obviously the exstreamer has no
display, and the mvp is to have a much more advanced OSD eventually.

Once the 'problem' bugs have been sorted we'll concentrate on further
enhancements from the 'to do' list.

Talking of the 'to do' list, if users would like to post their top 5
priorities of things they'd like to see done, I'll try and prioritise
development around the most popular.

Regards
Tony