RE: Asterisk Voicemail schema

  • Subject: RE: Asterisk Voicemail schema
  • From: andrew <andrew_nh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:38:58 -0800 (PST)

I have also had problem with xPL messages exceeding
the 1500 byte limit. I think it is counter to the
simple nature of xPL to invent a fragmentation scheme.
Instead I have tried to make my messages simpler so
they are under 1500 bytes. I think for the vm schema I
will limit the info to the last 10 messages. This
should keep the xPL message small

I agree that the web interface for Asterisk is clunky.
The URL embedded in the vm messages is used to
retrieve wav files directly from Asterisk. I have a
small app that runs on my desktop. It lists the
messages that are waiting and allows me to play them
locally. It gets the messages from Asterisk using
http.

-Andrew
--- UKHA <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> it's all my fault... I haven't been paying attention
> since I've been bogged down with so much work it
> becoming painful. Andrew and I have had a brief chat
> and for the life of me I can't remember where we
> left it - i'll sift my email again as soon as
> possible.
>
> I've also been working on xPL (some of the xAP team
> showed interest in a xAP version but nothing came of
> it) enabling asterisk and trying to make sure that I
> am, if at all possible, not modifying the core of
> asterisk at all - ie I've added pbx_xpl rather than
> embedding xpl code in all the apps. This means when
> you perform an upgrade you aren't cattle trucked.
> I'll also be adding commands to the dialplan so that
> you can send out xpl callerid info if you want.. eg:
>
> xplCALLERID - Send message containing caller id
> xplMISSEDCALL - Send a message stating that a call
> was missed.
> xplRAW - Send a user composed xpl message
> xplINUSE - Send a message showing a phone in use
> xplFREE - Send a message showing a phone is no
> longer in use
>
> any others you can think of let me know...
>
> Plus I want to add a cdr_xpl to broadcast the call
> log when a call made/received is completed - my
> concern here is the packet size. Since a cdr usually
> contains:

ID,calldate,clid,src,dst,dcontext,channel,dstchannel,lastapp,lastdata,start,answer,end,duration,billsec,disposition,amaflags,accountcode,uniqueid