RE: Asterisk Voicemail schema

Sorry,

it's all my fault... I haven't been paying attention since I've been bogged
down with so much work it becoming painful. Andrew and I have had a brief
chat and for the life of me I can't remember where we left it - i'll sift
my email again as soon as possible.

I've also been working on xPL (some of the xAP team showed interest in a
xAP version but nothing came of it) enabling asterisk and trying to make
sure that I am, if at all possible, not modifying the core of asterisk at
all - ie I've added pbx_xpl rather than embedding xpl code in all the apps.
This means when you perform an upgrade you aren't cattle trucked. I'll also
be adding commands to the dialplan so that you can send out xpl callerid
info if you want.. eg:

xplCALLERID - Send message containing caller id
xplMISSEDCALL - Send a message stating that a call was missed.
xplRAW - Send a user composed xpl message
xplINUSE - Send a message showing a phone in use
xplFREE - Send a message showing a phone is no longer in use

any others you can think of let me know...

Plus I want to add a cdr_xpl to broadcast the call log when a call
made/received is completed - my concern here is the packet size. Since a
cdr usually contains:

ID,calldate,clid,src,dst,dcontext,channel,dstchannel,lastapp,lastdata,start,answer,end,duration,billsec,disposition,amaflags,accountcode,uniqueid

it could in theory exceed the 1500 bytes quite easily... is there or are
there any plans to allow message fragmentation and reassembly on remote
devices (I know some are very low powered..)

I am also currently redoing the dial application and calling it xpldial
which will send out information when numbers/extens are dialed/answered -
this can easily be extended to provide other information while in a call

There are some subtle differences with Andrew's and mine implementations
but as I see it they both work, which is the key :D

One point I would suggest about Andrews proposed schema is that the
voicemail url is optional, not everyone uses the clunky web interface for
vm..

This sort of leads me to another question... is anyone doing an xPL lcd/vfd
device - I think blatting all this information out over the network is all
well and good but without something to display it on it's going to have
very limited appeal...

anyho.. back to work

Andy