Re: C++ .Net code... Which is easier?

Hi Ian,

> Okay...
>
> So, just how much work would be involved in changing the code for
xpllib
> 3.0 from vb.net to vc++ .net?

Basically a complete re-write!

> Would it be easier to change Mal's C++ code across into .net?

Yes - ISTR Mal uses Visual Studio .NET already to build the code?
(though the code itself doesn't use/need the .NET framework)

> Basically, I'm looking at modifying the http daemon code for xbox to
> provide xPL services - but I can see a lot of frustrated posts by
people
> trying to get the icky stuff working - udp broadcast for instance!
>
> I'm happy that my steadily growing c++ knowledge can handle the xbmc
> modifications, but it would be good to be welding two samples together
> rather than coding in whitespace :)
>
> What's the best approach?

Go with Mal's C++ code I'd say.

I didn't even think xbox supported the .NET framework anyway?
Doesn't it have to be native C++?

A call to setsockopt() should resolve the UDP broadcast issue - unless
there is something odd about the xbox implementation of sockets.

Regards,

John