Re: xplrionet 3.8i newbie problems/questions

  • Subject: Re: xplrionet 3.8i newbie problems/questions
  • From: LeonRice@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 05:54:20 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> > The problem is that I cannot use the web page to control the
> > rio unit remotely. From what documentation/comments I have
> > read this functionality is built into xplrionet.  I'm either
> > missing something on how to use this or its not working for
> > me.. I assume that clicking on the link 'play' should play
> > the tracks displayed.
>
> Pressing play should play whatever's in "current"

Ok.. how do I get track into the "current" list?  The only way I
seem
to be able to do this now is select tracks from the front panel of the
rio.  (There maybe something extreamly obvious I'm missing here.)

If I select tracks by browsing them.. say 10 tracks from Pink Floyd...
and then select the link "Play" there is a breif pause and
nothing
happens.  If I then select the link "current" there are no tracks
displayed... in any event.. even simply selecting "stop" while a
track
is playing (playing by using the front panel) the rio does not stop
and the track continues to play. Therefore I don't think the rio is
accepting or reciving commands when actions are taking place via the
web page.

> The website is part of xplrionet, but all the web server does is
send an xpl
> message that xplrionet then picks up again and actions.
>
> So the things to check are
>
> A) xplrionet hub (or another hub) are running on the xplrionet pc

The line in xplrionet.xml is such:

<xplhub enabled="Y" />

> B) there is no firewall blocking xpl packets

Nope no Firewall loaded and neither is the XP "firewall"
enabled... I
guess I will have to load ethereal and sniff the
communciations.

I Hope ethereal decodes the xpl packets correctly.. ;)

Regards,

Leon