Re: Just trying to get to grip with xpl

Hi Paul,

>             So I have created a determinator which runs when I get a
> message from the sensor. I want to set a global with the value
returned,
> but all I see at the mo is a way to set the figure.

Assuming the temperature reading is contained in the current= element from
the incoming message, put:

{XPL::CURRENT}

as the value of the global.
Anything inside curly brackets is treated as a special value.
The XPL:: prefix means substitute the value of the global with a value from
the incoming xPL message.
So whatever is contained within the "current=" tag from the
incoming sensor message will now be put into the global.

HTH,

John