RE: xPLRioNet and MVP

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet and MVP
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:07:28 +0100

That's great - I haven't had a chance to play with the MVP yet so I'm a bit
unfamiliar with how it works with xPL RioNet.

A bit of background - What I have is an 'in wall controller' touchscreen
LCD
screen in the room, and although it can display dynamic text it can't
display network stored images, they have to be pre loaded into the screen
which is of course no good for cover art . The keys/ screen on the in wall
controller can all send xPL data in any schema. So I am hoping for
transport
control and library searches.  However the touch screen can display an
inset
resizeable composite video window though so I was going to arrange for the
MVP to display fullscreen a graphic image of the appropriate cover art that
I could inset via the video out into the rest of the display layout. To do
this I need to be able to send somehow an xPL message saying 'display this
image "//server/music/ColdPlay/whatever" ' fullscreen  - the
actual image
may not be the same as the 'audio' playing on the MVP though as it may be
that the audio is playing via a SliMP3 or something.  I'll have to get up
speed on xPL RioNet so that I understand a little better how much is
integarted within othe app and how much is accessible via xPL schema as
dicrete functions.

Not sure what ambience I would like to create for some of my old photos ;-)

Kevin