RE: xPLRioNet feature requests

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet feature requests
  • From: "UKHA" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:40:51 +0200

On 13/08/2004 at 05:26 Tony Tofts wrote:

>> * A method of requesting what a rio thinks the current track time
is
>> * A method of requesting what a rio thinks the current/next
>> track/album/artist is
>
>I assume these are xpl requests? Can add these if so.

yes, xpl requests is what I mean, this would allow embedded devices
to request the info directly.. :D

>> * db.xql access to the music database from xPLRioNet
>
>This can be done now in a few ways. If not already running tts_xql on
the
>xplrionet pc you can install it and point it at the data.mdb, or if
already
>running it then just create links in the existing mdb to the tables in
>data.mdb?

ok, I'll look into this, one of the reasons I really wanted it integrated
is so that
I didn't want to run another service that if failed would stop some
functionality
ie. if xPLRioNet dies I know about it... if an external xPL_xql app fails
the rios
still work but the db functionality doesn.t  - it's pretty twisted logic I
know, but
I'd rather not have to run 5 little apps unless of course they were
distributed..
in my setup they aren't, there's the HA server and the other machines don't
have much
to do with it - iyswim...

>> * A method of sending OSD messages to the rios - either en
>> masse or individually
>
>Using the rio (and slimp3) displays as osd's is on the to do list

ok, np

>> * Triggers on button presses for all buttons
>
>It already sends all keys when power is off and when power is on but
rio is
>not in a menu. Also have added a new audio.rio command extended=lock
on/off
>that prevents rio actioning key presses (just sends them). Does this
cover
>everything?

I think it covers most things :D, I haven't seen any xpl messages regarding
key presses
can you tell me what I should be looking for..? I see nothing when the
power is off and
only see skip back etc when power is on...

>> * A method of changing the logo, probably just an app to
>> patch the rio.bin - hey we're automators, we want to change
>> everything :D
>
>Have to think about this, not too sure.

don't worry about it, it was a nice to have feature....

>> * Syncing other units with a currently playing rio
>
>It is not really possible to join in mid-stream, since the buffering
makes
>matching everything up just about impossible. It would be possible to
>automatically restart a playing track into synch mode, or have the
units
>join in at next track change?

Yeah, I guessed that it would be an issue with the track that's playing,
having the
other rios join on the next track it good for me... It's just a pain atm to
have to stop it,
select the sync group and then start it again.. would be really good to ge
them to join in
without stopping the master....

Thanks,

Andy