xplRioNet : trouble pre-setting volume

Ello...

I'm having problems getting the rio's to go to a preset volume when they
boot up. When I look in xplhal they all show 10% as the default volume. The
trouble is 2 of the Rios get plugged into an amp and use line out, and I
really need them to be at 100%, and another is plugged into speakers for
which a comfortable volume is about 46% ... It doesn;t seem to matter what
I do, if I double click a unit and then change the volume from 10% to say
50% I can see the newconf messages generated and the unit responds with
STAT. I've noticed xplhal seems to be sending 3

COMMAND=REQUEST

messages then 3

newconf=COMPUTERROOM
interval=5
group=
filter=
volume=50
zone=
osd=
osdmenu=n
osdstatus=n
light=30
tts=192.168.12.12:48000

messages and the rio responds with 1

newconf=computerroom
interval=5
group=
volume=10
zone=
osd=
osdmenu=n
osdstatus=n
light=30
tts=192.168.12.12:48000

message...

I've even tried editing the files directly..

Any clue as to what I can do?

Thanks

Andy