RE: TTS errm how?

  • Subject: RE: TTS errm how?
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:24:05 +0100

> >Also the message need to be directed at the rio, so the
> >target=tonyt-rio.office, I don't think they repsond to broadcast
> >message i.e. target=*

I Forgot about that, makes the enabled= parameter for enabling/disabling
tts.basic messages a waste of time.

I'll mod the code to allow broadcast messages thru, then the enabled= will
control if broadcast accepted or not.

> Didn't know this either, do they all get the message if they
> are synced ?

Yes, if it's an audio.rio announce message it get's passed thru anyway, and
if the rio's are synch'd then a tts.basic message get's converted into an
announce message and passed to all units. When we make the mod to allow
broadcasts thru, only the master will process broadcast messages in a synch
group, else they'll all repeat the text * the no of units!

There is no attempt to synch the speech, though in testing if the speech
was
already in the cache they tended to speak in unison. If the message isn't
in
the cache then they will speak at slightly different times (due to the
master rio's request being processed and the slaves having to wait until
the
file is available - a 1 or 2 second delay).

The conversion to using mp3 (via lame) allows exstreamers and slimp3's (and
future supported units) to also speak tts. At some point streaming players
like winamp will also be able to speak, just havent got around to it yet.

Regards
Tony