Re: Maybe a stupid question about Shoutcast

  • Subject: Re: Maybe a stupid question about Shoutcast
  • From: "william_fredette" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:13:01 -0000

D'oh, I should have included that info. Yes, the PC that xPLRioNet
is running on can access any Shoutcast stream. I pulled up a few,
checked their ports and then found some in the streams.xml file that
used the same ports but the Rio receiver just flashes "Waiting
Connection" for a few seconds and then 0:00.

<bill@f...>
wrote:
> > Hello, and first of all congratulations on this project. I found
> > xPLRioNet this morning and it was the answer to my prayers! I
> > immediately got rid of tRio. I was up and running with your
program
> > in about 20 minutes and I can now control my Rio with my Dell
Axim,
> > and my joy over that fact completely bewilders my wife.
> >
> > My only problem is connecting to Shoutcast streams, which I
REALLY
> > want to do. When I click on a stream name from the web front
end,
> > the Rio displays "waiting for connection," flashes a
couple of
times