RE: Barix Exstreamer

  • Subject: RE: Barix Exstreamer
  • From: David Pullen
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:25:00 +0000

Frank

I am using the Exstreamer. I think one of the problems with xPLing the
Exstreamer is that people are using it in different ways. Many people
are using different servers from the supplied zserver. I use the
slimserver, for example. I am not sure how many people are using the
exstreamer web interface. If you are using the slimserver then you only
need to include a few extra commands for the control of the exstreamer,
eg volume and mute, and possibly synchronise. Most other things will be
related to the slimserver.

It should be fairly simple to control the exstreamer from an xpl
connector. It would be more difficult to include xpl functionality
within the exstreamer itself (although I believe some of the latest
developments would make this easier.)

I have not yet made the transition to xPL or xAP because I have so much
invested in Homeseer at the moment. But I am keen to supply support
where I can. I do have a vbscript class that contains control (including
control. If there is some way I can help out with this then I will.

David