Re: odd behavior w/ slimp3, xpl & asp

  • Subject: Re: odd behavior w/ slimp3, xpl & asp
  • From: John B
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:53:00 +0000

> i've created an asp script to control my slimp3 & amps. i have
2
> slimp3s and created buttons to turn on & off each one. the odd
thing
> is when i click the button to turn off the living room unit, (i'm
> calling the command line sender to send remote.basic commands to turn
> it off from the script), the audio feed to the family room unit stops.
> this doesn't happen the other way around (turning off the family room
> unit while the living room unit is playing). in the log, i only see
> the xpl command for turning off the living room so i know there is no
> stray command to stop the family room player. if i run the commands
> outside of the asp script, it generates the same log entry but only
> the living room is stopped, as expected.
>
> any suggestions?

All I can think of is setting target=* would cause the command to be
executed on
both players - but as I'm guessing you haven't done this, then I can't
think of
anything obvious.

Even if you make a typo in the target, i.e. send to
slimdev-slimserv.player3,
and there is no player called player3, then the command should just be
ignored.

Regards,

John