RE: Re[2]: How can I display the weather data

  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: How can I display the weather data
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:01:00 +0000

> Downloaded the update, can't see how to grab data from weather.current
> message using determinator or is that to follow ?

OK, this should do the trick:

Fire up the new determinator wizard.
On the first screen, tick the box to create the determinator manually.
When the determinator dialog appears, on the General tab, give the
determinator
a name, e.g. "Copy weather data to globals".
Click the Conditions tab.
Click Add.
Enter a name for the condition, e.g. "Weather data received"
Condition type should be "xPL message"
Message type should be trigger.
Source and target can be left as * (assuming you only have one weather
station)
Schema should be weather.current
Leave the message parameters list empty and click OK.

You now have a determinator that will fire whenever the weatherstation
sends out
a weather.current message (which I believe is every 60 seconds).

Now click the Actions tab.
You'll need to add an action for each item of data you want to store, e.g.
tempin, tempout etc.
For this example we'll use tempin.
Click Add.
Enter a name for the action, e.g. "Store tempin to global"
Action type should be "Set the value of a global variable".
Global name should be tempin
Global value should be (case sensitive):
{XPL::TEMPIN}

Click OK.

Add as many actions as you need, replacing tempin with tempout, humidityin,
humidityout etc.
(the contents of the curly brackets should always be in uppercase)

Click OK to save the determinator.

Now, whenever the weatherstation sends out a weather.current, your global
variables should appear wiht the weather data.

Steve has found an issue where the values don't update properly once
they've
been set... I'll look into this and include a fix in the next xPLHal
release.

HTH,

John