RE: Display global variable on Slimp3

  • Subject: RE: Display global variable on Slimp3
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 19:52:00 +0000

> That does not appear to work. I've loaded a test determinator and a
test
> global variable.
> Execute the determinator with just text that's works but putting :
> text=Test {TEMPERATURE} results in no screen message at all.
>
> Any ideas ?

Ah!

Seems that a bug was introduced into the determinator module a few releases
ago
- oops!

If your determinator is fired as a result of an xPL message, it should work
OK.

But if you try and run the determinator manually, or as the result of a
timed
event, then it will fail.

If you view the xPLHal error log (by right-clicking on the name of your
server
at the top of the tree and selecting View Error Log), you'll probably see
an
error about failing to execute the action.

I've sent a patch to Tony that should fix this problem.

Regards,

John