Re: New User Guidance

  • Subject: Re: New User Guidance
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 11:27:00 +0000

Hi Martin,

> The new Slimp3 software includes a XPL plugin and i've got the HVXPL
> plugin and XPLHAL running - how can i now configure these apps to do
> what i want ?

First question: Are all apps (xPLHal, SlimServer and HV) all running on the
same
PC?

Secondly, make sure xPLHal is installed and that you can run the xPLHal
Manager
- there should be a shortcut on your Start Menu -> Programs menu.

Next, you need to enable xPL support in SlimServer if you haven't already
done
so.
Go to the SlimServer web interface, and under Server Settings ->
Settings -> Network, scroll down to the bottom and set xPL support to
Enabled.

Restart SlimServer for changes to take effect.

Once SlimServer has started up, if you fire up xPLHal Manager and look
under the
"xPL Devices" node in the tree, you should see an entry for each
of your
SliMP3/SqueezeBox players, along with an entry for xPLHal, and maybe one
for HV
if you already have that running.

If you reach this point, then you can go ahead and try out Ian's
instructiosn
for creating a determinator.
Like Ian, I don't have HV, so it's really over to Steve to comment on the
exact
process of detecting input triggers.

Regards,

John