Re: CLID from a Cisco Router

  • Subject: Re: CLID from a Cisco Router
  • From: swelsh000
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:29:00 +0000

Thanks for the feedback John, you've given me a head start. I'll
check out the doc's and see how I get on.

Stephen

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=jpKrwuLSpcjjI6T0A15d7sEMEaziQx_WosGYgNSgB8JuDlby6VDSQJFcxqSjHJBP9lP_fV6AQiQEVZWfG5w">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> > Cisco's voice enabled routers are capable of a subset of TCL,
this
> > primarily allows for some basic IVR application, but in there
recent
> > relese of IOS 12.3T they have official support for most of TCL
8.3.4.

> > This now allows for TCP communications to/from the voice enabled
> > router under the command of TCL scripts. This would allow for
CLID
> > to be sent directly from the router as a call comes it.
> >
> > If you wanted to get smart about it, you could send a message
back
> > to the router and tell it what to do with the call, i.e. divert
to a
> > H.323 session somewhere on the internet.
>
> Sounds cool.
>
> > I know xpl is UDP based etc. but has there been a requirement
for
> > TCP xpl messages, even if it's bridged?
>
> You can do this using XHCP, which is the protocol used to control
xPLHal:

> xPLHal listens on TCP port 3865.
> When you connect, you enter into a session very similar to an SMTP-
type session.
> You issue commands to the xPLHal server, and it sends you back
> There is a command called SENDXPLMSG, which allows you to send an
xPL message to the xPLHal server via TCP, which the server will then
send out over UDP.

> The following session example shows sending an xPL message over
TCP - remember though you'd need to program the IP of the xPLHal
server to connect to into the router some how - I guess you'd hard
code it in your script?

> C: indicates commands you send
> S: indicates replies from the server
> S: 200 XPL-XPLHAL.SATURN (Version 1.0.1359.34818)
> C: SENDXPLMSG
> S: 313 Send message to be transmitted, end with
<CrLf>.<CrLf>
> C: xpl-cmnd
> C: {
> C: hop=1
> C: source=a-b.c
> C: target=*
> C: }
> C: tts.basic
> C: {
> C: speech=Hello
> C: }
> C: .
> S: 213 XPL message transmitted
> C: QUIT
> S: 221 Closing transmission channel - goodbye.
>
> Note that every line the client sends to the xPLHal server must
terminate with a CrLf pair - this is different to UDP xPL messages
where new lines are only marked with a Lf character.

> The full XHCP spec is on www.xplproject.org.uk under the
Documentation section.

> > if so I could possibly
> > create a TCL script to fit around this, and provide CLID, and
> > possibly more. I suppose a HTTP PUT would be the a sensible way
> > do this..
>
> Yep, it would be quite easy to have a web page that processed the
PUT request and fired out a UDP message.

> > Another option is VoiceXML support, this generally has limited
call
> > comtrol etc. compared to TCL within IOS, but it would be enough
for
> > CLID.
> >
> > Either way it would be fun to xpl enable a cisco router :)
>
> Sure would :-)
>
> The one area that I don't think we could support at the moment is
the router receiving xPL messages over TCP.
> We could maybe add a command to XHCP which, when issued, would
cause xPLHal to send a subset of received messages over the TCP
channel, so the router could be informed of them.