New application: Motherboard Monitor Plugin

  • Subject: New application: Motherboard Monitor Plugin
  • From: John B
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:15:00 +0000

Hi all,

I have now released the first version of my MBM plug-in.

This allows anyone using MBM (Motherboard Monitor) to monitor the health of
their PCs using any xPL-aware device.
This means you could, for example, have a message displayed on your Tivo if
your
PC gets too hot or suffers a fan failure.

If you're not already using MBM to monitor the health of your PC, it can be
downloaded from:

If you do have MBM installed and want to try out the plug-in, I recommend
you
update to the latest version of MBM first.

The plug-in is available at:

Full instructions are included in the readme.txt file, but basically you
just
copy the DLL into your MBM plugin directory, and enable it by
right-clicking on
the MBM systray icon and selecting Plugin -> xPL MBM Plugin v1.0 ->
Start
Plugin.

It sends out sensor.basic messages at each heartbeat interval, for each of
the
sensors that you have configured in MBM.
You can then write scripts in xPLHal to capture this information and act on
it,
or alternatively you could store the information in an xPLHal global
variable
and have it displayed on a web page.

Regards,

John