RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:56:00 +0000

> > I had no plans to include bridging to xap.
>
> I don't think that the xAP inclusion has caused this - my
> usage in this context may have been the first time it became
> evident though ...

I'm not blaming xap...

I just can't forsee, except in very weird circumstances, where a pure xpl
(as it was originally intended) system would have a need for this. If
someone wanted to process all CID messages, this can just as easily be done
with the existing system.

E.g. if you wanted to capture all CID messages (and don't want to write a
device/app specfic script) then you can just set a filter up wildcarding
everything except the schema class, which would be cid.

schema msgtype="*" source_vendor="*"
source_device="*" source_instance="*"
schema_class="CID" schema_type="*" subs="CT"
/>

> action=continue or action=break

Were trying to avoid modifying anything that would break an existing
install
though.

I pretty much consider xplhal (and xpl) to be 'in production' so to speak.
The core is complete, were just adding improved/extra functionality (e.g.
script reload recovery, xap support) and sorting any odd undocumented
features (bugs?). Ideally this needs to be able to be dropped into any
existing install without disrupting it, if possible.

If the above solution is no use for xap support, we need to
consider/discuss
further I think?

If I said, in the last couple of days, that I would look into something for
anyone _tonight_ I'm afraid it will have to wait till tomorrow. Got to work
late again.

Regards
Tony