RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:49:00 +0000

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=pSN8046OLG7IJMF9i567knajGBYtkEb4O-JTpm2Joa6-Opwl6kGNz5E7my8FtYrF-QyAfB8zMr8">tony@x...</a>]
> Sent: 12 September 2003 06:21

> I had no plans to include bridging to xap.

I don't think that the xAP inclusion has caused this - my usage in this
context may have been the first time it became evident though ...

> I think the simplest method to (hopefully) resolve everyone's
> requirements
> (and not break systems already installed) is to leave the current way
> it
> works 'as is' but add a second level of scripting for schema's.

Thought .... After the arrival of an xPL message and as you step through
the
XML file don't you know after examining each filter line whether a match
has
been found ? You normally break if it has. Would it not be possible to add
into the schema filter line in the XML files something like

action=continue or action=break

<schema msgtype="*" source_vendor="*"
source_device="*" source_instance="*"
schema_class="OSD" schema_type="basic"
subs="CT" action="continue"/>

In this way each filter has the option to ask the matching to contine - and
if you assume a default of 'break' if this parameter is missing then all
existing systems will be unaffected

The only thing this doesn't allow for is a scripted break/continue decision
based on some values or message content.

Kevin