RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:37:00 +0000

Ahhh..

Oh well, that blows my suggestion out the water ! - I was going to say
"kibosh" (??) but I didn't know how to spell it - this spelling
is Words
suggestion but is probably an earthenware pot or something :-(

> By my reckoning we can make changes to
> A) Process all matches
> B) Prevent a duplicate routine running
>
> I think we can do without a sys.break, since it is the responsibility
> of the
> each vbscript to determine if it should be taking any action anyway.

The threads would be concurrent ? So you can't semaphore with global
variables between threads to avoid running - is that right ? Just
clarifying
- not a criticism - I do appreciate sequential execution would increase
response time for later scripts.
If you need to guarantee that things are executed in sequence then
all the actions should be in one script - is that how I need to think ? Ahh
- or I guess I can kick off related actions with xPL triggers - that's
probably a much better way of looking at it ...

Quick VB script question - Can I call other scripts from within a script ??
If so would they run sequentially and then return to my script ??