RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: John B
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:05:00 +0000

> Each message received spawns a separate thread.
> That thread searches for the first existing script match and executes
it.
> Although the loop could actually continue and look for further
matches, I'm
> pretty sure that once a script is launched it is independent, and
therefore
> the scripts would be concurrent as well as the messages.

But they're not are they... I think if you call run script on the same
script
control more than once, the scripts will run one after another.

I agree that every incoming message should get it's own thread and be
handled
concurrently.
But if a single message can match multiple scripts, I think those matches
should
be executed sequentially.

In the past, I wanted to put some diagnostics on my CM12 app, so I wrote a
sub
called:

Sub johnb_cm12_server_trigger(xplmsg)

But this then killed all the x10 scripting (as expected).

I think it would be better if the message came in, and all matching subs
were
executed - and if it's sequential, sys.break() could be used to tell xPLHal
not
to continue processing beyond the current point.

Either way... it's quite a big change, and probably not something we have
the
time to look into for a while :-(

Regards,

John