RE: xPL Progress so far

  • Subject: RE: xPL Progress so far
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:58:00 +0000

> Well I couldn't seem to get the TTS stuff going last night,
> I'll have to have a closer look when I have more time. It
> might be something to do with the voice selection, I use AT&T
> voices as standard and if you try and use the Microsoft Mary
> voice in the VB example that comes with the SDK you get an
> error but the AT&T Crystal one works fine.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of at&t voices, so it was
developed with
the ms sdk
If anyone wants to donate one I'll build an at&t version ;-)

For testing you could write some tts wav files and serve up from any web
server instead.

> The rio is working fine now, just need to write up a new
> version of Kieran's program for the pronto screens for
> Rioplay. I noticed that Rioplay also lists some album with a
> ( first e.g. (What's the Story) Morning Glory. So they
> appear first with a ( rather than a W so I might need to
> rename some of the albums so they list properly.

I basically went with rioplay as it was, fixed a couple of bugs, and then
started modifying it.

Any suggestions to improve it would be welcome.
Though time constraints mean the changes might take a while to action.

I'm still planning on adding synchronization of units.

> 4. Vanilla Meteor app that doesn't require the Active OCX.

I'm sure John B has one of these in .net

> 5. Sample SQL scripts and ASP to record and display the
> following things
> weather data
> telephone calls
> occupany details
> any other stats about the house

I have asp dll's for doing some of the above (also for controlling x10 etc)
and also one for status/controlling multiple Rio's. See my sample web pages
at www.xplhal.com on the menu select xpl/ha website. It doesn't show the
Rio
website, which is text based (no pretty pictures as I'm no artist!).

Though they are designed for my own house website, so would probably need
some modification.

I can let you have the source(s) if you like (vb6).

> I think that's about it, out of interest what do other want
> to see. For me using the xPLVR data to play back a real
> situation when I'm away would be a killer app.

It currently just records messages, but it's on my list of things to do...

Regards
Tony