RE: [ADVERT] Request for xPL Beta Testers

  • Subject: RE: [ADVERT] Request for xPL Beta Testers
  • From: Graham Howe
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:16:00 +0000

I have just rebuilt my HA server, W2KS was giving me some problems and a
hard disk was failing, so I have gone back to XP Pro on it. Consequently
I now have a near virgin install with no xPL stuff on board yet. I do
have isdnCID running on the machine along with HomeVision software (no
Homeseer) and a connection to Comfort and HV hardware. I do have a CM12
(somewhere) but it is not connected because of HV. I have plenty of x10,
a Tivo (with network connection) and Firm. No Linux box that I want to
admit to at the moment, but if someone near Milton Keynes would like to
come and set one up for me, then I would really like a SpamAssasin
machine, but it is beyond me :-(

As an added bonus this is also the machine that HomeAutomator runs on,
but that has not been re-installed since the new OS.

I am very happy to try out xPL stuff on this kit if your are interested,
and if necessary I can probably fish out a CM12 and connect it, assuming
it can happily coexist with HV.