Re: xPL Progress

  • Subject: Re: xPL Progress
  • From: armagh_elect
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:01:00 +0000

Hi Ian

Thanks for the feedback.....

> row and column are optional, so may not be present in a message,
but if they
> are there, they will always be in this order, so as long as you
use your
> default values if row or column are not present, all will be well..

As i suspected ...bugger.....looks like more coding and more
flags....got more flags than United Nations in my little pic ;-)...
Im assuming this also applies to the "Delay" as well ? delay will
be
1 to 99 seconds 0 = static.....

> Another thing worth considering (but not needed):
>
> because of the way schemas can be extended, you can actually match
against
> osd.* (in other words, osd.mine, osd.tivo, osd.anything) because
the
> required osd.basic elements (command= text= ) will be there in the
right
> place...

Doing it on a pc im sure wouldnt be too difficult but down at the
pic level in assembler is another story (well for me it is)...I like
the idea of osd.* message with a target.* a broadcast message to all
osd devices.......
My goal at this point is to get the message structure working as
required then add the heartbeat and then hopefully be able to send
configuration commands...

Questions

1: I take it the only thing to be configured is the "Target="..

2: How do setup xplhal to monitor the heartbeats from the PIC/OSD..

3:If the heart beat time is set for 5 minutes..then if the OSD sends
a heatbeat say every 4 mins all is ok???

Im sure i will have more questions soon

Thanks
Frank